Why advertise with NAR:
- The North American Review is the oldest and one of the most respected literary magazines in America.
- Each issue is an 8 1/2" x 11" magazine of the finest quality with ad placement throughout the magazine, not just in the front or back to fill out a signature.
- A variety of display rates are available to suit every budget.
- Over 1,000 libraries across the world subscribe to the NAR.
- Our circulation is growing every day.
|Display Rates||B & W||2-color||4-color||Width||x||Height|
|Two Columns||375.00||NA||NA||4 5/8"||10"|
|Half Page (Horizontal)||275.00||NA||NA||7"||5"|
|One Column||200.00||NA||NA||2 1/8"||10"|
|One Column Square||200.00||NA||NA||4 5/8 "||5"|
|Half Column||125.00||NA||NA||2 1/8"||5"|
|Column Inch||25.00||NA||NA||2 1/8"|
|Bleed: 10% extra (No charge for gutter bleed on center spread).|
Trim: 8 1/8" x 10 7/8"
Format: three-column page
Makeup depth: 10"
Resolution: 300 dpi
Line Screen: 120-150
Color: Advertiser to supply seperations, negative film, right reading, emulsion side down. We accept PDF ad copy via an e-mail attachment at: email@example.com. Please include all necessary fonts and graphic files. We recommend for security that you compress electronically transmitted files.
Issue Dates and Copy Deadlines:
Issued Quarterly in January, April, July, and October.
Orders: Copy to be set, first Monday of the month preceding month of issue. Camera ready copy or, second Monday of month preceding month of issue.
Commissions and Cash Discounts:
Agency commission: 20%
Contract discount: 10% on insertion order for four consecutive issues.
Ad Composition Charges:
Typesetting and other composition costs charged to advertiser.
The publisher reserves the right to reject any advertisement which fails to meet the standards of the magazine. It is understood that the advertiser and/or advertising agency will indemnify the publisher against any loss, expense or other liability resulting from any claims, suits, or other actions that may result from publication of any advertisement.
Shelly Criswell, Managing Editor
Phone: (319) 273-3026
FAX: (319) 273-4326